Getting a Tummy Tuck after Pregnancy
Pregnancy is what most women remember fondly as one of the best times of their lives for the joys it brings. However, this 9 month period can be physically, mentally, and emotionally taxing. One of the common problems after pregnancy is loose skin on the belly caused due to excess fat and loose tissue which becomes accumulated in the middle and lower abdomen.
Pregnancy causes weakness in the fascia and muscles of the abdominal wall, and this is what causes the excess flab of skin and fat tissues. This excess flab may fade over time with proper exercise and diet. However, in recent times, the tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, has given mothers the option to eliminate that soft waistline as soon as possible, without the time involved and hassle of exercising.
If you are considering abdominoplasty, contact plastic surgeon in San Antonio, Dr. Deowall Chattar-Cora to set up a private consultation today!
Abdominoplasty comprises of the following steps:
- An incision is made just above the pubic area.
- Skin attached to the abdomen is detached and by utilizing sutures, the adjoining muscles and the fascia is tightened.
- The abdominal sculpture is usually refined into shape by employing liposuction.
Before opting for a tummy tuck in San Antonio, there are a few points that should be kept in mind:
- Most cosmetic surgeons would recommend a tummy tuck only after you have had your last pregnancy and are not planning on any more future pregnancies. A pregnancy after a tummy tuck shall cause the stomach muscles to separate when the belly swells, creating unwanted complications with maternity and general physical health.
- Since tummy tucks delve deep into your body and are highly invasive in nature, post-operative care is a must. Your body takes around three weeks to fully recover from a tummy tuck, and in this duration you need to be very careful about not over exercising or straining your abdomen.
- Although considered safe, a tummy tuck carries certain risks such as clotting, infection, bleeding, nerve damage, and so on. A tummy tuck procedure imparts scars, which are usually permanent in nature.